SORENSEN DESIGN GROUP INC.
DATE CREATED: January 2, 2007
JOB TITLE: Assistant Designer
WAGE TYPE: Hourly
REPORTS TO: Director of Design
BASIC FUNCTION: Assist designers on executing projects to meet timelines and budgets. Perform all tasks according to professional and ethical standards. Assist design professionals during material and design selections process. Learn to write and submit purchase orders for approval by Senior Designer or Director of Design. Track shipments as directed. Perform calculations and communicates with treasurer. Assist design staff in the development of presentation boards. Helps install and merchandise model homes and assists during installation and decoration of other design projects as required. Performs clerical, administrative and support tasks as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assists in the development of presentation boards.
2. Assists designers to execute projects according to timelines and budgets.
3. Performs all tasks according to professional and ethical standards.
4. Assists designers in the making material and supplier selections.
5. Writes and submits purchase orders for approval and tracks shipments.
6. Helps install and merchandises model homes.
7. Assists during the installation and decoration of other design projects as required.
8. Follows directions given by staff.
9. Performs clerical, administrative and support tasks as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in interior design or related field. Knowledge and experience related to residential custom home building, home merchandising and high-end home remodeling is a plus.
Excellent design skills. Strong work ethic. Good communication and collaboration skills. High professional and ethical standards.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.